At Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors we have a wealth of experience in drafting and negotiating Separation Agreements on behalf of our clients and advising clients on their enforcement and their effect.
Separation Agreements enable married couples to become separated without the necessity of going through the Courts. They are legally binding contracts entered into between parties setting out each party’s rights and obligations to the other. Once both party’s reach an agreement, a legally binding contract is drawn up, known as a Deed of Separation.
Separation Agreements generally provide that/for:
- both parts will live separate and apart.
- the occupation and ownership of the family home.
- arrangements with respect to the custody, access, maintenance and lump sum payments.
- Succession Rights.
- Separation Agreements cannot make Pension Adjustment Orders.
- Once an agreement is reached it can be made a Rule of Court by an application to the Court. Parties cannot obtain a Judicial Separation once they have entered into a formal Deed of Separation, however they are able to obtain a Divorce at a later date, once they meet the criteria.
WHY CHOOSE HANAHOE AND HANAHOE SOLICITORS?
1. 1. We are an award-winning Law Firm (Leinster Law Firm of the Year for 2017 & 2018 at The Irish Law Awards).
2. You can be assured that case will be dealt with by a specialised Family Law Solicitor.
3. You will always be kept up to date with proceedings.
4. You will receive clear, unambiguous advice, free of legal jargon.
5. We are competitively priced for the service we provide.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact:
Dublin Office 01 5255637
Naas Office: 045 897784
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.