Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors have been advising commercial and private agricultural clients for over thirty years.
We have seen the Agricultural Sector undergo significant change and growth, particularly over the last number of years. This growth has been driven by a huge increase in agricultural exports and has seen the industry become far more commercial in the manner in which it does business. We have monitored these changes closely, pairing our knowledge of the industry with our commercial knowledge, to provide our clients with the best possible service.
Commercial Agricultural Clients
We offer a wide spectrum of services to our commercial agricultural clients and tailor our advice to meet the specific requirements of the industry.
The services we offer include:
- Drafting and approving Grain and Live Stock Contracts
- Drafting and approving Set off Agreements
- Drafting and approving Contra Agreements
- Drafting and advising on Lease Agreement
- Drafting and advising on Land Transfers
- Advising on Commercial and Contractual Disputes
- Advising on Environmental and European Law
- Advising on Employment and Health and Safety Matters
- Wind Farms
- Agricultural Debt Recovery
Private Agricultural Clients
We have a long history of acting for farmers and other private clients in the agricultural sector.
We can advise you on all manner of agricultural issues including:
- Farm acquisitions and disposals
- Succession Planning
- Tax and inheritance Advise
- Rights of Way and Public Access
- Landlord and Tenant matters
- Contract Farming Agreements
Agricultural Debt Recovery
The most important piece of information in debt recovery, is knowing your debtors assets. No-where is this knowledge more important that in the Agricultural Sector. Unlike many other industries most agricultural debtors have assets, such as land, the harvest, Single Farm Payment or payments from other Agricultural schemes. Once you know what these assets are, we can obtain Courts orders enforcing your Judgements against them.
At Hanahoe and Hanahoe we ensure that we keep ourselves up to date with what is going on in the farming community. We make ourselves aware of the quality of the harvest each year, the price of grain and straw, the average yield that can be expected each year, whether your debtor is entitled to a Single Farm Payment, a payment under the Organic Farming measures or Bio-Energy Establishment or any other payment scheme. Knowing and understanding your industry is invaluable and we believe this is why we have been so successful in recovering debts for agricultural clients
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.