Accidents at Work

All employers have a duty of care to their employees to provide a safe system and place of work.


Employers also have a duty to provide their employees with suitable training. If you are injured in an accident as a result of your employer’s failure to provide you with a safe system, place of work or adequate training, you are likely to be able to bring a claim for personal injuries. Such accidents should always be reported to your employer or supervisor at the earliest possible opportunity. As with any accident the first thing you should do is visit your doctor, regardless of whether you believe your injuries are serious or not. Once you have seen your doctor and if you wish to seek advice as to whether you have a Personal Injuries case, you should contact our offices. We would strongly advise against talking to your employers or their insurers about compensation for your injuries before taking legal advice.

We advise clients from all across the country who have been injured in accidents at work. We operate two offices:

16 North Main Street, Naas, County Kildare, where we advise clients on work place accidents from Naas, Newbridge, Clane, Maynooth, Leixlip and the wider Kildare area.
Contact us: Tel: 045 897784 or at


Pembroke House, Upper Pembroke Street 28-32 Dublin 2 where we advise clients on work place accidents from throughout Dublin, Tallaght, Lucan, Blanchardstown and Wicklow.
Contact us: Tel: 01 5255637 or at

We also offer phone and online consultations. Arrangements can be made for clients who live outside of the Kildare and Dublin area who are unable to make it to one of our offices for an appointment.

What information should I bring to my consultation?

Firstly, if you do not have any of the following information, do not be concerned as we will generally be able to source it ourselves.
However, if possible you should bring the following:


  • Details of the date of the accident.
  • Your contract of employment or a copy of your wage slip.
  • Contact details of any witnesses.
  • Contact details of your doctor.
  • A copy of the accident report form, if you have it.


For further information please contact Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors on 045 897784 or at .

*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.