Being involved in a road traffic accident, particularly one where you sustained personal injuries* can be incredibly stressful. Very often you can be in a state of shock and naturally your sole concern is ensuring that you and the other parties are not badly injured. However to protect your interests, particularly were you have sustained injuries* you should do the following:
- If you or any other third party has suffered serious injuries*, you should immediately call for an ambulance.
- Provided you have not suffered serious injuries* and you are in a position to do so, you should immediately contact the Gardaí and inform them of the accident.
- Again, provided that you have not suffered serious injuries* and you are in a position to do so, you should take full details of the other party’s involved in the motor traffic accident, including their contact and insurance details.
- You should immediately inform your insurance company that you have been involved in a Road Traffic Accident*.
- Regardless of whether you believe you are badly injured or not, you should attend your medical practitioner so you can be checked out.
- If you have sustained personal injuries* in the accident and you want advice, you should consult with a solicitor who specialises in personal injury law.
For further information in relation to a road traffic accident* or indeed any aspect of personal injury* law, please do not hesitate to contact Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors on 045 897784 or at email@example.com.
This article is merely for information purposes and is not and should not be taken as legal advice. If you have any queries in relation to this or any other aspect of personal injury law*, you should contact us. No solicitor/client relationship or duty of care or liability of any nature exists between you and Hanahoe and Hanahoe solicitors, until you receive written confirmation that we are acting as solicitors on your behalf.
*In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.